Re: auto vaccum is dying

On 10/02/2014 07:43 AM, Rodrigo Barboza wrote:
Hello, I have a table that receives lots of updates and inserts.
Auto vaccum is always being cancelled on that table.
One day the database went on standby and I had to act manually to recover.

What should I do to avoid auto vaccum cancel?

Cancellation happens when you run a command that requires an a stronger on the table, like ALTER or TRUNCATE. Plain UPDATEs or INSERTS will not cause cancellations. There must be something else going on, causing the cancellations.

- Heikki