Re: postgres 9.3 vs. 9.4

----- Original Message -----

We have tested both SSDs and they have identical IO characteristics and
as I already mentioned, both databases are fresh, including filesystem.

> You are using "scale 1" which is a < 1MB database, and one client and 1
> thread, which is an interesting test I wouldn't necessarily have done
> myself.  I'll throw the same test on one of my machines and see how it does.

this scenario corresponds to our use case. We need a high transaction rate
per for a single client. Currently I can get only ~1500 tps. Unfortunately,
posgtress does not tell me where the bottleneck is. Is this is defensively
not the disk IO.

Thanks for the help,
Tigran.