Re: query against pg_locks leads to large memory alloc

Dave Owens <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wonder if it would be helpful to restart the database, then begin
> gathering information pg_locks while it can still respond to queries.
> I speculate that this is possible because the amount of memory needed
> to query pg_locks continues to grow (around 1900MB now).

If restart is an option, that sounds like a great idea.  If you
could capture the data into tables where we can summarize to
analyze it in a meaningful way, that would be ideal.  Something
like:

CREATE TABLE activity_snap_1 AS SELECT * FROM pg_stat_activity;

Of course, boost the number for each subsequent run.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com