Re: Postgres Replaying WAL slowly

On 06/29/2014 11:14 AM, Soni M wrote:
Everything works fine until on Thursday we have high load on master, and
after that every streaming replica lag further behind the master. Even on
night and weekend where all server load is low. But the slony slave is OK
at all.

What does 'top' on the standby say? Is the startup process using 100% of (one) CPU replaying records, or is it waiting for I/O? How large is the database, does it fit in RAM? Any clues in the system or PostgreSQL logs?

- Heikki