Re: how to improve perf of 131MM row table?

On 06/25/2014 04:40 PM, Aaron Weber wrote:

In the meantime, I guess I wasn't clear about some other particulars
The query's where clause is only an "IN", with a list of id's (those
I mentioned are the PK), and the join is explicitly on the PK (so,
indexed).

Indexed doesn't mean indexed if the wrong datatypes are used. We need to see the table and index definitions, and a sample query with EXPLAIN ANALYZE output.

An IN with 50 int values took 23sec to return (by way of example).

To me, this sounds like a sequence scan, or one of your key matches so many rows, the random seeks are throwing off your performance. Of course, I can't confirm that without EXPLAIN output.

--
Shaun Thomas
OptionsHouse, LLC | 141 W. Jackson Blvd. | Suite 800 | Chicago IL, 60604