Re: SSI slows down over time

On 06/04/2014 4:30 AM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
On 04/06/2014 05:25 AM, Ryan Johnson wrote:
I've tried linux perf, but all it says is that lots of time is going to
LWLock (but callgraph tracing doesn't work in my not-bleeding-edge
kernel).

Make sure you compile with the "-fno-omit-frame-pointer" flag.
Oh, right. Forgot about that. With -g in place, it shows 5% of time going to LWLockAcquire, virtually all of that in PredicateLockPage. However, top reports only 50% utilization, so I'd *really* like to have stack traces and "counts" for stack traces the worker thread spends its time blocked in. I don't know a way to get that out of perf, though. It's near-trivial to do in dtrace, but unfortunately I don't have a Solaris or BSD machine handy.

Does pgsql give a way to trace latencies due to LWLock?

Thanks,
Ryan