Re: Inefficient filter order in query plan

Tom Coogan <nocera@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I'd like to understand why PostgreSQL is choosing to filter on the most
> inefficient predicate first in the query below.

It doesn't know that LIKE is any more expensive than the other operators,
so there's no reason to do them in any particular order.

You could try increasing the cost attributed to the texticlike() function
if you don't like the results you're getting here.

			regards, tom lane