Re: PG performance issues related to storage I/O waits

Hi Tasos,

(2013/07/31 20:58), Tasos Petalas wrote:
We have set synchronous_commit to off but since almost all of application queries
are using prepared statements we don't get any real benefit.

Also please advise on any postgres.conf modification that could significantly
affect storage load (WAL-checkpoint configuration etc.)
Please send us to your postgresql.conf and detail of your server (memory ,raid cache size and OS version).

I think your server's memory is big. You should set small dirty_background_ratio or dirty_background_byte. If your server's memory is big, PostgreSQL's checkpoint executes stupid disk-write.

By the way, I make new checkpoint scheduler and method now. If you could send more detail information which is like response time or load average, you will help me to make better my patch.

Best regards,
--
Mitsumasa KONDO
NTT Open Source Software Center