Re: Trying to eliminate union and sort

On 07/12/2013 04:43 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
As for the counts on the tables:
table1      3,653,472
table2      2,191,314
table3    25,676,589

I think it's safe to assume right now that any resulting joins are not
one-to-one
Hmmm?  How is doing a subselect in the SELECT clause even working, then?

Oh my, this is sad. the query in all returns 9,955,729 rows, so the sub queries are run on each of these resulting rows, however in this entire result set, subquery 1 returns 16 distinct rows, subquery 2 returns 63 different rows, but those sub queries are run over 10 million times to return these few distinct rows. So it's running many times, but returning the same small set of data over and over again.

- Brian F