Re: Partitions not Working as Expected

On 06/27/2013 12:08 PM, Igor Neyman wrote:

Doesn't have to be hardcoded.
If executed as dynamic sql, it will be re-planned properly, e.g.:

Well yeah. That's not really the point, though. Aside from existing code, hard-coding is generally frowned upon. Our devs have been using CURRENT_DATE and its ilk for over six years now.

So now I get to tell our devs to refactor six years of JAVA code and find any place they use CURRENT_DATE, and replace it with an ORM variable for the current date instead.

At this point I wonder why CURRENT_DATE even exists, if using it is apparently detrimental to query execution.

--
Shaun Thomas
312-676-8870