Re: Postgres upgrade, security release, where?

On 02/04/13 21:34, Dave Page wrote:
On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 11:43 PM, Mark Kirkwood
<mark.kirkwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 02/04/13 13:55, Bruce Momjian wrote:

On Tue, Apr  2, 2013 at 09:40:07AM +0900, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:

Due to the security nature of the release, the source and binaries will
only be publicly available on April 4 --- there are no pre-release
versions available.

The PostgreSQL homepage has a big announcement saying
"PostgreSQL minor versions released!", including a mention of a
"security issue";
unfortunately it's not obvious that this is for the prior 9.2.3 release
and as
the announcement of the upcoming security release
( http://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1454/ ) does not mention the
new release number, methinks there is plenty of room for confusion :(

It might be an idea to update the "splash box" with details of the
upcoming
release.

I agree updating the "spash box" would make sense.

Or perhaps include a date on said splashes, so we know when to panic :-)

I've added the date to the splash. You can cease panicing now :-)

...wipes forehead...