Re: Partition insert trigger using C language

2013/2/13 Matheus de Oliveira <matioli.matheus@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Ali,

That is probably because you did not passed a parameter when defined the trigger. You can follow the model at [1]. When creating the trigger, you have to use a string parameter with the name of the field with the date value used for the partition.

Let me know if you find any other problem.

[1] https://github.com/matheusoliveira/pg_partitioning_tests/blob/master/test/spi/schema.sql

Regards,
--
Matheus de Oliveira
Analista de Banco de Dados

 Hi Matheus,
Yes. You are right. Now it's OK.
I thought that the trigger function cannont vehicle any arguments. I had mis-interpreted this phrase of the Documentation :
function_name

A user-supplied function that is declared as taking no arguments and returning type trigger, which is executed when the trigger fires.

Thanks and best regards
Ali