Re: NEED REPLICATION SOLUTION -POSTGRES 9.1

I recommend SymmetricDS - http://www.symmetricds.org

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-performance-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pgsql-performance-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of suhas.basavaraj12
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:12 PM
To: pgsql-performance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  NEED REPLICATION SOLUTION -POSTGRES 9.1

Hi,

We are planning to migrate  our production  databases to different servers.We have around  8 servers with 8 different clusters.We are planning t shuffle databases and make them as 7 cluster and migrate to new remote servers .
We cannot use streaming replication as we are migrating different databases from different clusters to one single cluster . This  will be resulting in huge downtime  as data is huge .
Need expert advice on this scenario.Can we reduce downtime in any way ..??

Rgrds
Suhas