Re: Savepoints in transactions for speed?

Steve Atkins wrote:

> Postgresql isn't going to run out of resources doing a big transaction, in the way some other databases will.

I thought I had read something at one point about keeping the transaction size on the order of a couple thousand because there were issues when it got larger.  As that apparently is not an issue I went ahead and tried the DELETE and COPY in a transaction.  The load time is quite reasonable this way.

Thanks!

Mike