PQconnectStart/PQconnectPoll

Hi,

i am running some tests to check performance between postgresql and mysql.

one important issue is PQconnectdb (PQconnectStart/PQconnectPoll) against mysql_init/mysql_real_connect functions. (debian platform/C application).

PQconnectdb("host=localhost dbname=my_db user=my_user password='' sslmode=disable");

co = mysql_init(NULL)
mysql_real_connect(co, "127.0.0.1", "my_user", "", "my_db", 0, NULL, 0)

PQconnectdb is taking too long comparing to mysql and i found out the time is consumed by PQconnectPoll waiting for the socket to be ready for reading/writing
but this behaviour is not seen in mysql.

I cannot use persistent connections. I must open/close a connection anytime I want to insert something new.

do i have to configure something different? Am i missing something?

this problem gets even worse under PHP.

Regards,