Re: Query completed in < 1s in PG 9.1 and ~ 700s in PG 9.2

Em 08-11-2012 13:38, Alvaro Herrera escreveu:
Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas escribió:
Em 07-11-2012 22:58, Tom Lane escreveu:
Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas<rr.rosas@xxxxxxxxx>   writes:
Ok, I could finally strip part of my database schema that will allow you
to run the explain query and reproduce the issue.
There is a simple SQL dump in plain format that you can restore both on
9.1 and 9.2 and an example EXPLAIN query so that you can see the
difference between both versions.
Please keep me up to date with regards to any progress. Let me know if
the commit above fixed this issue.
AFAICT, HEAD and 9.2 branch tip plan this query a bit faster than 9.1
does.
Great! What is the estimate for 9.2.2 release?
Hasn't been announced, but you can grab a snapshot right now from
ftp.postgresql.org if you want.

Thank you, Álvaro, but I prefer to use official Debian packages instead since they are easier to manage and more integrated to our OS.

For now I have rolled back to 9.1 this morning and it is working fine, so I don't have any rush. I just want an estimate to know when I should try upgrading 9.2 from experimental again after 9.2.2 is released.

Cheers,
Rodrigo.