Re: How to keep queries low latency as concurrency increases

On 10/30/2012 06:55 AM, Kevin Grittner wrote:

Is there a good transaction-based connection pooler in Python?
You're better off with a good pool built in to the client application
than with a good pool running as a separate process between the
client and the database, IMO.

Could you explain this a little more? My experience is almost always the exact opposite, especially in large clusters that may have dozens of servers all hitting the same database. A centralized pool has much less duplication and can serve from a smaller pool than having 12 servers each have 25 connections reserved in their own private pool or something.

I mean... a pool is basically a proxy server. I don't have 12 individual proxy servers for 12 webservers.

--
Shaun Thomas
312-444-8534