Re: problems with large objects dump

Sergio Gabriel Rodriguez <sgrodriguez@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>     I tried with Postgresql 9.2 and the process used to take almost a day
> and a half, was significantly reduced to 6 hours, before failing even used
> to take four hours. My question now is, how long should it take the backup
> for a 200GB database with 80% of large objects?

It's pretty hard to say without knowing a lot more info about your system
than you provided.  One thing that would shed some light is if you spent
some time finding out where the time is going --- is the system
constantly I/O busy, or is it CPU-bound, and if so in which process,
pg_dump or the connected backend?

Also, how many large objects is that?  (If you don't know already,
"select count(*) from pg_largeobject_metadata" would tell you.)

			regards, tom lane