Re: Ways to speed up ts_rank

On 10/10/2012 08:59 AM, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
We'll present in Prague some improvements in FTS. Unfortunately, we have
only several minutes during lighting talk. In short, we improved GIN to
store additional information, coordinates for fts, for example and
return ordered by rank search results, which gave us performance better
than
sphynx. It's just a prototype, but we already got median at 8 msec for 6
mln classifieds.

We didn't tested for long documents yet.

That sounds like the solution I'm looking for! Storing the info for ts_rank in an index would probably do the trick. Can I get this code somewhere? I've isolated the table I need to optimize and I can easily run tests on non-production code.

Shane