Re: Increasing WAL usage followed by sudden drop

Josh Berkus wrote

>> We are not doing anything to postgres that would cause the rise and
>> drop.
>> Data base activity is pretty consistent.  nor are we doing any kind
>> of
>> purge.  This week the drop occurred after 6 days.  We are thinking it
>> must
>> be some kind of internal postgres activity but we can't track it
>> down.
>
> Well, we certainly can't figure it out on this list by blind guessing ...

Have to agree with you there.  Unfortunately this is where we've ended up.
What can we look at and/or show that would help us to narrow it down?  Is
there anyway we can look into the wal file and see exactly what is being
sent?  I think this might actually give us the most insight.