Re: The need for clustered indexes to boost TPC-V performance

On 07/06/2012 09:00 AM, Reza Taheri wrote:
Well, I keep failing to send an email with an attachment. Do I need a moderator's approval?

Probably. If so, it's really annoying that mailman isn't telling you this via a "held for moderation" auto-reply. It should be.

We stuck with PGSQL 8.4 since it is the stock version shipped with RHEL 6. I am building a new, larger testbed, and will switch to PGSQL 9 with that.

Just so you know, as per PostgreSQL versioning policy major releases are x.y, eg "8.4", "9.0" and "9.1" are distinct major releases.

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

I've always found that pretty odd and wish major releases would just increment the first version part, but the policy states how it's being done. It's important to realize this when you're talking about Pg releases, because 8.4, 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2 are distinct releases with different feature sets, so "postgresql 9" doesn't mean much.

--
Craig Ringer