SSD, Postgres and safe write cache

Hi,
We started to think about using SSD drive for our telco system DB. Because we have many "almost" read-only data I think  SSD is good candidate for our task. We would like to speed up process of read operation.
I've read post (http://blog.2ndquadrant.com/intel_ssd_now_off_the_sherr_sh/) about SSD which have write safe functionality and two drive are recommended Intel 320 and Vertex2 Pro. Both drive are rather inexpensive but both using old SATA II.
I tried to find newer faster version of Vertex because production Vertex 2 Pro is stopped but there is no information about new drives that has similar functionality and are cheap. Do you recommend cheap SSD drives that are suitable for DB needs?

Regards
Michal Szymanski