Re: Query performance - normal on 9.0.4, slow from 9.0.5 onwards

On 30-12-2011 17:40, Tom Lane wrote:
Miguel Silva<miguel.silva@xxxxxxxxx>  writes:
But with postgresql version 9.0.5 (in version 9.0.4 all was fine), we
noticed the program was taking longer to start. In fact, in some clients
that had older hardware, it could take around 20 minutes when it usually
takes only a few seconds. To make a long story short, the problem was
traced and narrowed down to a single auto generated query. Here it is:
"SELECT [ snip ]"
... Here are the explain analyzes.
enable_material ON: http://explain.depesz.com/s/wen
enable_material OFF: http://explain.depesz.com/s/Zaa
It doesn't really accomplish anything to post anonymized explain output
when you've already shown us the actual query, does it?  Especially when
said query involves only the system catalogs and by no stretch of the
imagination could be thought to contain anything proprietary?

			regards, tom lane

Indeed you are right. Those are explains I created some time ago, when I didn't really know what that webpage did. I just kept them, and used them now, didn't even think about that. But the explains are still there, still useful. Anyway, if it is really necessary, I can post new ones.

Best regards,

Miguel Silva