Re: Postgresql Replication Performance

On 12/29/2011 05:00 PM, Claudio Freire wrote:
Second, is that WAL activity on streaming replication or WAL shipping
is documented to contain more data than on non-replicated setups. What
is not clear is how much more data. This not only affects our network
bandwidth estimations, but also I/O load on the master server, slowing
writes (and some reads that cannot happen on the slave).
Our database has about 2MB/s writes on the WAL array, we had about 160 IOPS in average when replications was switched off, and 165-170 IOPS in replication. This I think could be explained with statistical error, so we have not experienced any I/O load on our master server since replication was configured.

--
Best regards

Aleksej Trofimov