Re: Postgres array parser

We have tried foreach syntax, but we have noticed performance degradation:
Function with for: 203ms
Function with foreach: ~250ms:

there is functions code:
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION input_value_fe(in_inputs numeric[], in_input_nr numeric)
  RETURNS numeric AS
$BODY$
declare i numeric[];
BEGIN
        FOREACH i SLICE 1 IN ARRAY in_inputs
            LOOP
                 if i[1] = in_input_nr then
                    return i[2];
                 end if;
            END LOOP;

    return null;
END;
$BODY$
  LANGUAGE plpgsql VOLATILE
  COST 100;

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION input_value(in_inputs numeric[], in_input_nr numeric)
  RETURNS numeric AS
$BODY$
declare
  size int;