Re: What's the state of postgresql on ext4 now?

On 11/15/2011 10:54 PM, Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
are you getting to the point of migrating large XFS filesystems to
ext4 for production databases yet?  Or at least using ext4 in new
large-scale filesystems for PG?

Not really. Last time I checked (a few months ago), there were still some scary looking bugs in ext4 that concerned me, and I've seen one difficult to explain bit of corruption on it. Lots of these bugs had been fixed in the mainline Linux kernel, but I wasn't sure they'd all been backported to the sort of distributions my customers run. I expect to re-evaluate RHEL6 to see how it's doing soon, just haven't had time/requests for it.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   Baltimore, MD