Re: Subquery in a JOIN not getting restricted?

Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, this may not fit the OP's 'real' query

Right, if I recall correctly, the OP said it was simplified down as
far as it could be and still have the issue show.

> but the inner subquery is probably better written as a semi-join
> (WHERE EXISTS).

Well, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to optimize perfectly
valid alternative spellings.  Having each logically equivalent way
to write a query generate a different plan is far worse than hints
that are more clearly written.  ;-)

-Kevin