Re: Rapidly finding maximal rows

Dear Bricklen,

Try setting work_mem to something larger, like 40MB to do that sort
step in memory, rather than spilling to disk. The usual caveats apply
though, like if you have many users/queries performing sorts or
aggregations, up to that amount of work_mem may be used at each step
potentially resulting in your system running out of memory/OOM etc.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind as a strategy. It's good to know. But since Dave has saved me the sort altogether, I'll go with his plan.

Best wishes,

James
\/\/\