Re: Planner choosing NestedLoop, although it is slower...

On 07/13/2011 12:39 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Mario Splivalo<mario.splivalo@xxxxxxxxxx>  writes:
On 07/12/2011 10:04 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
What you need to look into is why the estimated join size is 9400 rows
when the actual join size is zero.  Are both tables ANALYZEd?  Are you
intentionally selecting rows that have no join partners?

Yes, both tables have been ANALYZEd. What do you mean, intentilnaly
selecting rows taht have no join partners?

I'm wondering why the actual join size is zero.  That seems like a
rather unexpected case for a query like this.

It is true that this particular query returns 0 rows. But it's created by django, and I can't do much to alter it.

	Mario