Re: picking a filesystem

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So if you're running a RHEL5.4 or RHEL5.5 system, are you basically
stuck with ext3?  I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but ISTM
that you've been uncomfortable with BOTH ext4 and XFS prior to RHEL6;
but OK with both beginning with RHEL6.

Also, any tips on mount options for XFS/ext4/ext3?

Greg's book has a whole chapter that goes through the pros and cons of each type of fs and offers suggestions for configuring most of them for postgres.  I haven't actually read the chapter in detail yet, so I won't try to summarize its content here. It appeared to be pretty comprehensive during my quick scan of the chapter