Re: Intel SSDs that may not suck

On 4/6/2011 9:19 PM, gnuoytr@xxxxxxx wrote:
SSDs have been around for quite some time.  The first that I've found is Texas Memory.  Not quite 1977, but not flash either, although they've been doing so for a couple of years.
Well, I built my first ram disk (which of course I thought I had invented, at the time) in 1982. But today we're seeing solid state storage seriously challenging rotating media across all applications, except at the TB and beyond scale. That's what's new.