Re: Intel SSDs that may not suck

On Mar 29, 2011, at 12:12 PM, Jesper Krogh wrote:

Are you replacing the drives with new once, or just secure-erase and back in? What kind of numbers are you drawing out of smartmontools in usage figures? (Also seeing some write-stalls here, on 24 Raid50 volumes of x25m's, and have been planning to cycle drives for quite some time, without actually
getting to it.

we have some new drives that we are going to use initially, but eventually it'll be a secure-erase'd one we replace it with (which should perform identical to a new one)

What enclosure & controller are you using on the 24 disk beast?

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuarthamm.net/