Re: Performance trouble finding records through related records

Hi. Thanks for your response.

Robert Haas wrote:

> Join Filter: ((events_events.transactionid)::text =
> (customerdetails.transactionid)::text)
>
> Now why is there a cast to text there on both sides?  Do those two
> columns have exactly the same datatype?  If not, you probably want to
> fix that, as it can make a big difference.

Good question. I seem not able to get rid of that, even though these are
same type:

	=# \d events_events
	Table "public.events_events"
	        Column        |           Type           | Modifiers
	----------------------+--------------------------+----------
	[snip]
	 transactionid        | character varying(36)    | not null
	[snip]

	=# \d events_eventdetails
	Table "public.events_eventdetails"
	    Column     |          Type          | Modifiers
	---------------+------------------------+----------
	[snip]
	 transactionid | character varying(36)  | not null
	[snip]

(These columns allowing null or not is just something I've been playing with
to no avail too.)

Robert Haas wrote:

> Also, how many rows are there in events_events and how many in
> events_eventdetails?

select count(*) from events_events; --> 3910163
select count(*) from events_eventdetails; --> 30216033
select count(*) from events_eventdetails_customer_id; (single partition) -->
2976101