Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...

02.02.11 20:32, Robert Haas ÐÐÐÐÑÐÐ(ÐÐ):

Yeah.  Any kind of bulk load into an empty table can be a problem,
even if it's not temporary.  When you load a bunch of data and then
immediately plan a query against it, autoanalyze hasn't had a chance
to do its thing yet, so sometimes you get a lousy plan.

May be introducing something like 'AutoAnalyze' threshold will help? I mean that any insert/update/delete statement that changes more then x% of table (and no less then y records) must do analyze right after it was finished.
Defaults like x=50 y=10000 should be quite good as for me.

Best regards, Vitalii Tymchyshyn