Re: Any experience using "shake" defragmenter?

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 14:11:51 -0600, Mladen Gogala <mladen.gogala@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Did anyone try using "shake" while the cluster is active? Any problems with corruption or data loss? I ran the thing on my home directory and nothing was broken. I didn't develop any performance test, so cannot vouch for the effectiveness of the procedure. Did anyone play with that? Any positive or negative things to say about shake?

Why do you feel the need to defrag your *nix box?

Regards,

Mark