Re: Migrating to Postgresql and new hardware

On 1/19/2011 6:42 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:
On 01/19/2011 05:09 PM, Lars wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

As others have mentioned, how are you going to be doing your "shards"?
Hmm... shards might not have been a good word to describe it. I'll
paste what I wrote in another reply:
I used sharding as an expression for partitioning data into several
databases.

"sharding" or "shards" is pretty much the standard way that setup is
described. It doesn't come up on the Pg list a lot as most people doing
web-oriented horizontally scaled apps use MySQL or fashionable non-SQL
databases, but it's pretty well known in wider circles.

--
Craig Ringer

Or... PG is just so good we've never had to use more than one database server! :-)

-Andy