Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences

2011/1/19 Bruce Momjian <bruce@xxxxxxxxxx>

FYI, we do have a documentation section about how to configure Postgres
for improved performance if you don't care about durability:

       http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/non-durability.html

A sometime ago I wrote in my blog [1] (sorry but available only in pt-br) how to create an in-memory database with PostgreSQL. This little article is based on post of Mr. Robert Haas about this topic [2].

[1] http://fabriziomello.blogspot.com/2010/06/postgresql-na-memoria-ram-in-memory.html
[2] http://rhaas.blogspot.com/2010/06/postgresql-as-in-memory-only-database_24.html

--
Fabrío de Royes Mello