Re: The good, old times

On 01/15/2011 12:54 AM, Mladen Gogala wrote:
Craig Ringer wrote:
On 01/12/2011 10:16 PM, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

What's your point and in what is it related to that ML?

Given the package names, I suspect this is a poorly-expressed
complaint about the performance of downloads from the pgdg/psqlrpms
site. If that was the original poster's intent, they would've been
better served with a post that included some minimal details like:
Yes, it was a complaint about the download speed.

OK, I'm seeing issues too now. It's transient and intermittent - sigh. The two swear words of IT.

(3/7): postgresql90-9.0.2-2PGDG.f14.x86_64.rpm | 865 kB 02:04 http://yum.pgrpms.org/9.0/fedora/fedora-14-x86_64/postgresql90-contrib-9.0.2-2PGDG.f14.x86_64.rpm: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 6 - ""
Trying other mirror.
http://yum.pgrpms.org/9.0/fedora/fedora-14-x86_64/postgresql90-libs-9.0.2-2PGDG.f14.x86_64.rpm: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 6 - ""
Trying other mirror.

A later try worked. Unfortunately I don't have a timestamp for the failed attempt, but it was some time yesterday. mtr output and performance of downloads are presently fine, and I don't have any data for the problematic period.

--
Craig Ringer