Re: pgbench to the MAXINT

Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:
Em 07-01-2011 22:59, Greg Smith escreveu:
setrandom: invalid maximum number -2147467296

It is failing at atoi() circa pgbench.c:1036. But it just the first one. There are some variables and constants that need to be converted to int64 and some functions that must speak 64-bit such as getrand(). Are you working on a patch?

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-01/msg02868.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4C326F46.4050801@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I thought we really needed to fix that before 9.0 shipped, but it turned out the limit wasn't so bad after all on 64-bit systems; I dropped worrying about it for a while. It's starting to look like it's back on the critical list for 9.1 again though.

If anyone here wanted to pick that up and help with review, I could easily update to it to current git HEAD and re-post. There's enough people on this list who do tests on large machines that I was mainly alerting to where the breaking point is at, the fix required has already been worked on a bit. Someone with more patience than I to play around with multi-platform string conversion trivia is what I think is really needed next, followed by some performance tests on 32-bit systems.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   Baltimore, MD