Re: How to get FK to use new index without restarting the database

On 16/12/10 12:12, Eric Comeau wrote:

The problem surfaced at one of our client installs where a maintenance
DELETE query was running for over 24 hrs. We have since then identified
the missing indexes and have sent the client a script to create them,
but in our testing we could not been able to get postgres to use the new
index for the FK cascade delete without bouncing the database.

Well, an ongoing DELETE isn't going to see a new index. I'd have thought a new connection should though.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd