Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow

Now I tried removing the constraints from the history table (including the PK) and the inserts were fast. After few 'rounds' of inserts I added constraints back, and several round after that were fast again. But then all the same. Insert of some 11k rows took 4 seconds (with all constraints) and now the last one of only 4k rows took one minute. I did vacuum after each insert.

	Mario

Hm, so for each line of drones_history you insert, you also update the correspoding drones table to reflect the latest data, right ? How many times is the same row in "drones" updated ? ie, if you insert N rows in drones_nistory, how may drone_id's do you have ?