Re: anti-join chosen even when slower than old plan

Tom Lane wrote:
More knobs and buttons is the Oracle way,

True. Very true.

and the end result of that
process is that you have something as hard to use as Oracle.

Also, you end up with something which is extremely reliable and adjustable to variety of conditions.

That's
generally not thought of as desirable in this community.

			regards, tom lane
Allow me to play the devil's advocate again. This community is still much, much smaller than even the MySQL community, much less Oracle's community. If growth of the community is the goal, copying a page or two from the Oracle's book, looks like a good idea to me. The only thing I dislike about Oracle is its price, not its complexity.

--

Mladen Gogala Sr. Oracle DBA
1500 Broadway