Re: Periodically slow inserts

Gael Le Mignot wrote:
Hello,

We are  using PostgreSQL for  storing data and full-text  search indexes
for the webiste of a daily newspaper. We are very happy overall with the
results, but we have one "weird" behaviour that we would like to solve.

The problem is  when we index objects into the  full-text search part of
the database (which a DELETE and  then an INSERT into a specific table),
the INSERT  sometimes take a long time  (from 10s to 20s),  but the same
insert (and many other similar ones) are fast (below 0.2s).
Have you tried with strace, just to see where the time is spent?

--

Mladen Gogala Sr. Oracle DBA
1500 Broadway