Re: How does PG know if data is in memory?

The discussions I've seen indicated that, in use, tablespaces were at the database level, but, yes, the docs do say that a table can be assigned to a defined tablespace.  What I still can't find is syntax which establishes buffers/caches/whatever and assigns them to tablespaces.  Without that, I'm not sure what benefit there is to tablespaces, other than a sort of RAID-lite.

Robert