3ware trivia overload

Since I've never stumbled on this until now, and I spend all day looking at this sort of thing, I'm guessing many of you haven't seen the following collection of 3ware controller trivia either: http://makarevitch.org/rant/3ware/

All moving toward obsolete with 3ware being a part of LSI now I suspect, but a great historical piece. It puts some numbers on the general anecdotal observations that the older 9500 series of cards from 3ware were terrible in several common situations, and that the 9600 and later cards aren't so bad. I've never seen so much of the trivia related to using these particular cards assembled into one well referenced place before. Probably interesting to those interested in general Linux disk performance issues even if you don't care about this particular brand of card.

--
Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant US greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support  www.2ndQuadrant.us