Re: pgbench could not send data to client: Broken pipe

Kevin Grittner wrote:
In my experience you can expect the response time benefit of
reducing the size of your connection pool to match available
resources to be more noticeable than the throughput improvements. This directly contradicts many people's intuition, revealing the
downside of "gut feel".

This is why I focused on showing there won't actually be a significant throughput reduction, because that part is the most counterintuitive I think. Accurately modeling the latency improvements of pooling requires much harder math, and it depends quite a bit on whether incoming traffic is even or in bursts. Easier in many cases to just swallow expectations and estimates and just try it instead.

greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   www.2ndQuadrant.us