Re: Major performance problem after upgrade from 8.3 to 8.4

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010, Tom Lane wrote:
Not even in that pgstartup.log file you sent stderr to?

I have seen cases before where Postgres couldn't log anything because of
SELinux.  If this is a Red Hat based system, look in the kernel log for
AVC messages.  If you see any, then SELinux is probably blocking things
because of the nonstandard directory locations.  Turning it off
temporarily would be the easiest fix, though relabeling the files would
be a better one.

SELinux is already disabled.
cat /etc/selinux/config | grep -v "^#"|grep -v "^$"
SELINUXTYPE=targeted
SELINUX=disabled

Yes, also the redirected log file is empty. Also kernel log is empty.

I tried to redirect it to a different, new file, on startup I get nothing, after killing it I get:
2010-09-03 16:35:39.177 GMT [2149] @/: LOG:  could not stat "/usr/share/doc/xalan-j2-manual-2.7.0/apidocs": No such file or directory

Any ideas?

BTW: Shared memory can't be any issue?

Ciao,