Re: Performance on new 64bit server compared to my 32bit desktop

Scott Marlowe wrote:
On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 6:41 AM, Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
export OMP_NUM_THREADS=4
Then I get the following. The rather wierd dip at 5 threads is consistent
over multiple tries:

I get similar dips on my server.  Especially as you make the stream
test write a large enough chunk of data to outrun its caches.

See attached png.
Interesting graph, especially since the overall feeling is a linear like increase in memory bandwidth when more cores are active.

Just curious, what is the 8-core cpu?

-- Yeb