Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables

The PostgreSQL partitioning system is aimed to support perhaps a hundred inherited tables. You can expect to get poor performance on queries if you create 1000 of them.

Hi,

Why is that you would expect poor performance for say 1000 or more? I have a ~1000 inherited tables and I don't see any significant slowdowns. I only ever access a single inherited table at a time though in this situation. I suppose I am using inheritance only for organization in this case...

Thanks,
Gerald