Re: What is the best way to optimize this query

On 1 July 2010 06:19, Srikanth Kata <srikanth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please tell me What is the best way to optimize this query
>
> select
> s.*,a.actid,a.phone,d.domid,d.domname,d.domno,a.actno,a.actname,p.descr
> as svcdescr from vwsubsmin s inner join packages p on s.svcno=p.pkgno inner
> join
> account a on a.actno=s.actno inner join ssgdom d on a.domno=d.domno inner
> join (select subsno from
> getexpiringsubs($1,cast($2 as integer),cast($3 as double precision), $4) as
> (subsno int,expirydt timestamp without time zone,balcpt double precision))
> as e on s.subsno=e.subsno where s.status <=15 and d.domno=$5 order by
> d.domname,s.expirydt,a.actname
> --

Might help if the query were a bit more readable too:

[...]

And it would also help if the table names, column names and aliases
were more self-documenting.

As Rajesh said, an EXPLAIN ANALYZE output is needed, as we don't yet
know where your indexes are.

Regards

Thom